Fuzzrocious has summoned up a new effects pedal featuring a low to medium-high gain drive with distortion-like capabilities.
With the gate/boost mod, The Demon jumps into the gated fuzz range. It can do the “just on the verge of breakup” thing at low drive settings or a pushed amp sound at higher drive settings.
The Demon is also available with the following, additional, optional mods (including the new Octave Jawn):
– FEEDBACK MOD – via a momentary or latching footswitch connected to a feedback pot, one can feed the signal back upon itself for oscillation/feedback/noise. In The Demon, depending on your input signal and tone/drive settings, one can tune feedback to a pitch. Please note that buffered pedals and/or too many pedals placed in line before The Demon will negate the feedback mod.
– GATE/BOOST MOD – via a latching footswitch, one can harshly gate and boost the signal for a very aggressive, nasty sound.
– KILLSWITCH MOD – via a momentary footswitch, one can mute the sound passing through the pedal. Hit it rhythmically to a tempo or sporadically. Get weird with it.
– 2ND DRIVE MOD – via a latching footswitch, one can switch back and forth between two (2) drive pots. Think of it like having two drive presets and using a footswitch to move back and forth between the two. Please note that 2nd Drive is not stacking.
– OCTAVE JAWN MOD – a polyphonic, digital, fast-tracking octaver. Featuring 2 extra knobs: 1 mixes your clean and octaved signal and the other does full octave down at counterclockwise, full octave up at clockwise and a mix of octave down and up at noon.
Fuzzrocious’ Demon pedal is available now in the UK via High Tech Distribution UK.
Subscribe to the free MI Focus newsletter to get more stories like this sent straight to your inbox.