Electro-Harmonix has introduced the Oceans 11, a compact reverb pedal with advanced functionality.
The new EHX offering features 11 reverb styles ranging from essential to exotic. Its Mode button lets the user select up to three variations of many of its reverbs for greater variety. The pedal also features powerful, yet intuitive “hidden” parameters accessible thru its Secondary Knob Mode that enable the player to take greater control of its effects.
An internal Tails switch provides a choice of whether the reverb effect fades out naturally or stops immediately when the pedal is switched to bypass. In most settings, the pedal is also capable of producing infinite reverb which can be played over with a fresh reverb effect complete with adjustable parameters.
The Oceans 11’s full set of reverbs are:
1. HALL – reverb characteristic of a grand concert hall
2. SPRING – pays homage to vintage Fender® tube reverbs
3. PLATE – a lush plate reverb
4. REVRS – emulates the reverse reverb effect created in studios where a note’s reverb fades-in backwards
5. ECHO ¬¬– reverb plus delay, a digital delay feeds into the Plate reverb
6. TREM – reverb plus tremolo applied to both the wet and dry mix of a Hall reverb
7. MOD – modulated reverb, a combination of various modulations creates rich reverb tails
8. DYNA – three dynamic reverb algorithms: swell, gate and duck
9. AUTO-INF – Auto infinite reverb that triggers a reverb wash for each note or chord. When a new one is struck, the previously resounding reverb wash crossfades to the new one
10. SHIM – Shimmer generates a rich octave-shifted reverb wash
11. POLY – Polyphonic reverb, two configurable bi-directional pitch shifts
The Oceans 11 pedal comes equipped with a standard EHX 9.6DC200mA power supply and is available now for $147.80.
Check out the EHX Oceans 11 reverb pedal in action below: