Distributor Barnes & Mullins has announced a number of updates to its online portal, which now features advanced functions to make it easier for its customers to order online and manage their account.
“I’m really proud of the advances our in-house team has made.” said Alex Mew, B&M’s marketing director. “One of the biggest improvements is the direct link between online orders and our backoffice system. Essentially this reduces the time it takes your order to get from website to warehouse, thus making the online order process the most efficient it has ever been.”
Barnes & Mullins has also made some of the most common enquiries answerable online.
“In your account dashboard, you will now see a link to backorders – so you can see which product despatches are still outstanding, and where available, when those products are expected to arrive back into stock,” explained Mews.
“Customers can also see their last 12 months of orders, their current order process status and despatches along with tracking information per shipment.”
These account management improvements come in conjunction with several stylistic changes to the front end of the site. These include:
– A new, full screen layout with always visible ‘order pad’
– Clearer stock level indicators
– Delivery dates for out of stock products
– Personalised prices that reflect individual retailer’s main dealership status for a given brand or set of products
– Quantity discounts on sets of products
– Special clearance deals on B-stock, ex-demo or discontinued items.
– Consumer testimonial reviews of products taken from brand registration data
– Music Press Reviews linked from all relevant products
For a more detailed breakdown of how to use the B&M website, and its functions, visit https://www.bandm.co.uk/how-it-works
Subscribe to the free MI Focus newsletter to get more stories like this sent straight to your inbox.