Darkglass Electronics has introduced a limited run of its Microtubes 900 amp, which comes in a black finish designed by Christopher Lovell.
Darkglass launched its first amp, the Microtubes 900, in 2016. This year, as is a Darkglass tradition, the company has created a limited run of the acclaimed amp.
Lovell is somewhat of an Instagram sensation (check out his work here). He is also an excellent metal guitarist and loved the idea of having his artwork featured in the “meanest sounding bass amplifier in production”.
The Microtubes 900 lends itself well to a limited edition as the whole top lid could be used as the canvas for Lovell’s “Medusa” painting.
Microtubes 900: Limited Edition retains all the features that the regular version has, with features including:
– 900 W RMS amplifier output
– 2 Ω Min-Load
– Analog Preamp with switchable Vintage Microtubes and B3K drive circuits
– B3K mode delivers an aggressive, percussive sound while VMT brings up the mids for a warmer, more neutral and vintage character
– 4 Band EQ with 6 switchable mid points
– Speakon combo jack for either Speakon or ¼” speaker cable connections
– Preamp Out and Power Amp In
– Balanced XLR DI Output, selectable Post or Pre Preamp with Ground Lift
– Supplied with the Intelligent Footswitch
– Super Intelligent Footswitch also available as an upgrade
The Microtubes 900: Limited Edition will be available through Audio Distribution Group mid-May 2018 with a UK ERP of £925.