Along with Korg’s new synthesizer, keyboard and piano announcements, the company has also launched its long-awaited volca mix analogue performance mixer, a new KR-55 Pro Korg Rhythm machine, and a portable stereo PA system.
Volca mix (pictured above) is the long-awaited mixer for the volca series. It is a four-channel analogue performance mixer that lets you construct a live setup combining multiple volca units.
Volume faders are easy to control, plus crisp-sounding LO/HI CUT filters, and a master chain that radically transforms the sound. In addition to the sync function found on all volcas, there are also DC output connectors that can supply power for up to three volca units.
• Compact multi – function four – channel mixer.
• Volume faders and LO/HI CUT filter for superb performability.
• Output and monitor capabilities for use on stage, plus stereo speakers for maximum portability.
• Powerful effects and control.
• Master chain lets you control dynamics.
• Send out and AUX in for connecting external effects.
• Sync function that can act as the master of a live setup.
• Unlocks even more potential out of the volca series.
• DC out can supply power for up to three volca units.
• AC adapter, DC – DC cables, and audio cables are included with the unit.
KORG VOLCA MIX – SSP £145.00 inc VAT.
Availability: Feb/March 2018
The KR-55 Pro gives you an easy way to enjoy jam sessions with the backing of real drum/percussion sounds. It provides a rich variety of input jacks, mixer functionality, effects, and equalizer, as well as a versatile recorder that can record to an SD card.
The intuitive interface means that there’s no need for complex programming. Battery-powered operation allows complete mobility from desktop to street performances, or use in a variety of situations including live events in small spaces.
• 24 built-in drum/percussion styles that were recorded live using KORG’s proprietary “Real Groove Technology.”
• Each rhythm style includes a rich variety of patterns: two variations, basic, fill-in 1, fill-in 2, and ending.
• Use the chain function to create a rhythm structure for an entire song, and play it automatically.
• A rich array of input jacks includes one XLR mic input, two guitar/bass inputs, and a stereo AUX input, allowing multi-channel mixing.
• A high – quality reverb effect and equalizer are provided, giving you the freedom to shape your sound.
• You can perform along with a rhythm style, and record the combined result as an audio file on an SD card.
• Multi – track recording is supported, allowing you to produce more sophisticated tracks.
• The audio player function supports loop playback and automatic consecutive playback.
• The tuner function features a large meter for good visibility. You can also tune while hearing a guide tone.
• Acoustage technology delivers a spacious sound.
• The unit can be powered on six AA batteries, allowing up to seven hours of use.
• A separately sold foot switch lets you control the unit with your foot.
• Drum/percussion sound that overturns your concept of a rhythm machine
• The KR-55 Pro features “Real Groove Technology” which uses data recorded from actual professional musicians performing at various tempi, and is a completely different technology than conventional rhythm machines. There are a total of 24 high-quality rhythm styles, each fine tuned to provide the best possible feel, to accurately reproduce the experience of playing with a percussionist. The sounds, grooves, and phrases will play back at pristine quality even if you change the tempo, so you can enjoy playing serious jam sessions at your own pace.
• Use the chain function to easily create sophisticated rhythm tracks
• Each rhythm style includes a wide variety of patterns: two variations in addition to basic, fill-in 1, and fill-in 2. This means that the KR-55 Pro can provide the accompaniment for an entire song. By using the chain function, which lets you put together and memorize a different rhythm style for each measure, you can freely create even complex rhythm tracks. Up to 30 banks of chains can be stored, and each chain can be up to 999 measures long.
• A rich array of input jacks and full-fledged mixer functionality
KORG KR-55 Pro – £259.00 inc VAT.
Availability: March/April 2018
KONNECT is a portable all-in-one stereo PA system that provides a complete solution for both sound and convenience. It’s a single unit that has everything you need for performances, DJ, background music, or MC work in any situation: live shows, parties, dance studios, exhibitions, seminars, or presentations.
Featuring clarity that’s unparalleled in any compact speaker, KONNECT delivers both powerful low-end and loudness. At the same time, KONNECT includes conveniences such as an interface that’s easy to understand and operate, a rich variety of EQ presets suitable for any source (the VOICING function), and support for wireless control from your smartphone or tablet.
– Multi-function amp useful in a variety of situations
– Excellent design delivers high – quality sound, with playback capability that covers the full range from high to low, and power far beyond its size
– Compact one – piece construction allows easy transportation, connection, and setup
– Dedicated “KONNECT App” lets you wirelessly control the mix
– Play back music wirelessly via Bluetooth
– High – quality effects per channel and master reverb
– Provides optimal EQ presets (VOICING function) for a variety of instruments and musical styles
– SCENE function lets you recall settings instantly
– Feedback suppressor prevents acoustic feedback
– Panel layout is easy to use without confusion
– Center cancel lets users reduce the volume of the vocal or guitar in a song
– Each channel is equipped with EQ, pan, mute & solo, and phase switch
– Can be mounted on a speaker stand
– Dedicated carrying bag is available
KORG KONNECT – SSP £439.00 inc VAT.
Availability: Jan 2018