Fender has introduced the American Original Series – a new line of American-made electric basses and guitars inspired by some of the instrument maker’s most successful ’50s, ’60s and ’70s models.
With 11 models and 30 SKUs, the new range is designed to match a variety of musical tastes and players, and replaces the American Vintage Series, which was first introduced in 1982.
Made to appeal to both gigging musician and vintage-style collectors, the new series marries the “classic Fender vibe players love about ’50s, ’60s and ’70s Fender electric guitars and basses with modern features”.
“American Original guitars are a tip of the hat to Fender’s timeless designs, which remain enduring and relevant tools of creative expression,” said Justin Norvell, SVP Fender Products.
“Even though models like the Stratocaster and Telecaster were introduced decades ago, the design was perfect and the form factor remains largely unchanged because we got it right the first time.
“If you’re looking for a fresh take on authentic, period-correct and accurate versions of Fender guitars and basses from the ’50s, ’60s and ’70s – the American Original Series is the best new choice out there.”
Priced from $1,799.99 to $2,099.99, American Original electric guitars and basses are designed and handcrafted in Corona, Calif. The progressive lineup features a wide variety of models across decades along with some left-handed versions.
The full range is as follows:
– American Original ’50s Stratocaster
– American Original ’50s Stratocaster, Left-Hand
– American Original ’50s Telecaster
– American Original ’50s Telecaster, Left-Hand
– American Original ’50s Precision Bass
– American Original ’60s Stratocaster
– American Original ’60s Stratocaster, Left-Hand
– American Original ’60s Jaguar
– American Original ’60s Jazz Bass
– American Original ’60s Jazzmaster
– American Original ’60s Precision Bass
– American Original ’70s Jazz Bass
Thirteen classic colours are featured on these electric guitars and basses, including Aztec Gold, White Blonde, 2-Color Sunburst, Olympic White, Candy Apple Red, 3-Color Sunburst, Butterscotch Blonde, Fiesta Red, Lake Placid Blue, Surf Green, Ocean Turquoise, Natural and Black.
Check out musician Annie Clements demoing the Original ’60s Jazz Bass below: